Chocolate and coffee together makes a flavorful combination and is one of the most popular in the world. The best part about this snack is that you can prepare it at home all by yourself even if you have little to no culinary experience. Chocolate cuts down the bitterness of the coffee beans and together they create a wonderful flavor. If you have roasted coffee beans at home, do give this recipe a try and you’ll experience it for yourself.
Things you’ll need
- Double boiler (or a metal pot and a glass bowl)
- Half cup roasted whole coffee beans
- Cocoa powder (optional)
- Half cup chocolate
- Wax paper/ Butter paper
- Chop the chocolate of your choice and melt with a double boiler or by placing the chocolate in glass or metal bowl on the pot of simmering water. Keep stirring until the chocolate melts completely and turn off the flame.
- Add the roasted coffee beans into the melted chocolate and mix them thoroughly to coat them properly in the chocolate.
- With the help of a fork, take out the beans from the chocolate and place them separately on a tray lined with wax paper or baking sheet.
- Allow the chocolate to set at room temperature. It might take somewhere between half an hour to 2 hours depending upon the temperature of the surroundings.
- You can sprinkle cocoa powder on the chocolate coated beans once they are set completely.
Storing and serving chocolate covered coffee beans
Serve these delicious coffee beans in a party or eat them as a snack. Another way to enjoy these beans is to sprinkle them on ice cream. You can store these coffee beans in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you want to increase the chocolate to coffee ratio, you can recoat the beans with chocolate by repeating the steps from 2 to 4. You can coat the coffee beans twice or thrice with the melted chocolate but, make sure the chocolate is completely dried when you re-dip the beans in melted chocolate.
Which chocolate to use for this recipe?
Any chocolate that you prefer can be used for this recipe. Milk chocolate and dark chocolate both make delicious beans. Using white chocolate can also be a great choice as it also gives a great color contrast to your coffee beans along with the delicious taste.
Using good quality coffee beans will result in a better taste and texture of the snack. Click here to buy premium quality coffee beans that are roasted to perfection!
Click here to go through the nutritional facts of coffee. NOTE: Calories and the concentration of caffeine will vary according to our choice of chocolate.
Coffee not only tastes great but also has a number of health benefits. So, what are you waiting for? Grab yourself a pack of roasted whole coffee beans and enjoy this simple yet delicious snack.